Spurs' Ginobili expected to miss 3-4 weeks
Spurs guard Manu Ginobili could miss the start of the playoffs because of a strained hamstring that is expected to sideline him three to four weeks.
SAN ANTONIO -- Spurs guard Manu Ginobili could miss the start of the playoffs because of a strained hamstring that is expected to sideline him three to four weeks.
The timetable released by the Spurs on Monday comes a day after Ginobili did not play in an 88-86 loss to the Miami Heat. The 35-year-old Ginobili injured his right hamstring in a victory over the Los Angeles Clippers last week.
The regular season ends April 17. San Antonio is 1.5 games ahead of Oklahoma City for the top seed in the Western Conference and may now have to protect that lead without its third-leading scorer. Ginobili is averaging 11.9 points and 4.6 assists.
The Spurs recently went 6-2 without All-Star Tony Parker before the point guard returned from an ankle sprain.
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District 24 min ago
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports 27 min ago
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at... 4 min ago
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
24 min ago
- Should you be concerned about living on the...
13 min ago
- 'Science cheerleaders' send experiment into...
18 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos