Spurs' Ginobili expected to miss 3-4 weeks
Spurs guard Manu Ginobili could miss the start of the playoffs because of a strained hamstring that is expected to sideline him three to four weeks.
SAN ANTONIO -- Spurs guard Manu Ginobili could miss the start of the playoffs because of a strained hamstring that is expected to sideline him three to four weeks.
The timetable released by the Spurs on Monday comes a day after Ginobili did not play in an 88-86 loss to the Miami Heat. The 35-year-old Ginobili injured his right hamstring in a victory over the Los Angeles Clippers last week.
The regular season ends April 17. San Antonio is 1.5 games ahead of Oklahoma City for the top seed in the Western Conference and may now have to protect that lead without its third-leading scorer. Ginobili is averaging 11.9 points and 4.6 assists.
The Spurs recently went 6-2 without All-Star Tony Parker before the point guard returned from an ankle sprain.
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos