Pistons' Maxiell (eye surgery) out for season
Detroit Pistons forward Jason Maxiell will miss the rest of the season after surgery to repair a detached retina.TORONTO -- Detroit Pistons forward Jason Maxiell will miss the rest of the season after surgery to repair a detached retina.
Maxiell began complaining of blurry vision last week and didn't travel with the team for Sunday's loss at Chicago. He stayed home in Detroit to visit a specialist, who diagnosed the injury.
Detroit's first-round pick in the 2005 draft, Maxiell has spent his entire eight-year career with the Pistons and will be a free agent this summer. He averaged 6.9 points, 5.7 rebounds and a career-high 1.3 blocks this season.
The Pistons, who have lost three straight and 16 of 18, were also without guard Will Bynum (strained right hand) for Monday's game at Toronto.
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers 36 min ago
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos