Pistons' Maxiell (eye surgery) out for season
Detroit Pistons forward Jason Maxiell will miss the rest of the season after surgery to repair a detached retina.TORONTO -- Detroit Pistons forward Jason Maxiell will miss the rest of the season after surgery to repair a detached retina.
Maxiell began complaining of blurry vision last week and didn't travel with the team for Sunday's loss at Chicago. He stayed home in Detroit to visit a specialist, who diagnosed the injury.
Detroit's first-round pick in the 2005 draft, Maxiell has spent his entire eight-year career with the Pistons and will be a free agent this summer. He averaged 6.9 points, 5.7 rebounds and a career-high 1.3 blocks this season.
The Pistons, who have lost three straight and 16 of 18, were also without guard Will Bynum (strained right hand) for Monday's game at Toronto.
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos