Zona freshman Jerrett declares for NBA draft
Grant Jerrett has declared himself eligible for the NBA after one season at Arizona.TUCSON, Ariz. -- Grant Jerrett has declared himself eligible for the NBA after one season at Arizona.
A 6-foot-10 freshman, Jerrett announced Wednesday that he is leaving the Wildcats to pursue his lifelong dream of playing professional basketball.
Part of a heralded recruiting class by coach Sean Miller, Jerrett averaged 5.2 points and 3.6 rebounds in 34 games, including two starts. He had a high of 15 points against Oral Roberts and snared 10 rebounds against UCLA.
Jerrett is the 15th Arizona player to declare early for the draft. Derrick Williams was the last Wildcats player to leave early in 2011.
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash 10 min ago
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers 44 min ago
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters 39 min ago
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors put to the test
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos