Hawks' Petro out of practice for child's birth
Atlanta Hawks center Johan Petro has missed practice to be with his wife for the birth of their child.
Petro returned to his home in Miami to with his wife, who is scheduled to deliver the child on Sunday. The team is hopeful the 7-footer will return to Atlanta in time for Game 4 of the playoff series against the Indiana Pacers on Monday night.
Petro made his first start of the playoffs in Game 3, part of a new, bigger lineup that carried the Hawks to a 90-69 victory. Indiana still leads the best-of-seven series 2-1.
If Petro doesn't return in time for the next game, the Hawks could start Ivan Johnson at center. But coach Larry Drew says he prefers bringing Johnson off the bench.
- BART unveils new train car design in SF 52 min ago
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Florida school board member wants parent dress code 54 min ago
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York
- Congresswomen support Cal sexual assault victims
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting 15 min ago
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
52 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos