Hawks' Petro out of practice for child's birth
Atlanta Hawks center Johan Petro has missed practice to be with his wife for the birth of their child.
Petro returned to his home in Miami to with his wife, who is scheduled to deliver the child on Sunday. The team is hopeful the 7-footer will return to Atlanta in time for Game 4 of the playoff series against the Indiana Pacers on Monday night.
Petro made his first start of the playoffs in Game 3, part of a new, bigger lineup that carried the Hawks to a 90-69 victory. Indiana still leads the best-of-seven series 2-1.
If Petro doesn't return in time for the next game, the Hawks could start Ivan Johnson at center. But coach Larry Drew says he prefers bringing Johnson off the bench.
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Student wins cooking contest with sandwich creation
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday 37 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
22 min ago
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
24 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos