Thunder re-sign G Fisher to 1-year contract
The Oklahoma City Thunder re-signed guard Derek Fisher on Wednesday. A league source told ESPNLosAngeles.com's Dave McMenamin that Fisher signed a one-year, $1.4 million contract with the team.
A league source told ESPNLosAngeles.com's Dave McMenamin that Fisher signed a one-year, $1.4 million contract with the team. It will be Fisher's 18th season in the league, and he enters it with the intention that it will be his last, the source said.
The 38-year-old Fisher has spent parts of the past two seasons with the Thunder, averaging 4.5 points in 44 regular-season games. He has averaged 7.1 points in 31 playoff games for them.
The five-time NBA champion with the Los Angeles Lakers has appeared in 240 postseason games.
Thunder general manager Sam Presti said in a statement: "Fisher has proven to be a valuable member of our team and we are excited to have him back.
"He has such a positive impact on his teammates and the organization."
Fisher is the president of the National Basketball Players Association.
Information from ESPNLosAngeles.com's Dave McMenamin and The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Protest continues at CCSF; rally planned at city hall
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- City College San Francisco protests lead to arrests
- Stockton Tunnel reopens after water line break repaired
- 2 men arrested for possessing explosives
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Tree removal dispute; Weed-laced brownies
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
47 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos