Ex-Hawks F Johnson signs with Chinese club
Free-agent forward Ivan Johnson has signed with the Zhejiang Chouzhou basketball club in China, his agent Jeremiah Haylett confirmed to ESPN.com.
Free-agent forward Ivan Johnson has signed with the Zhejiang Chouzhou basketball club in China, agent Jeremiah Haylett confirmed to ESPN.com.
While Haylett wouldn't disclose financial details of the contract, he said it has no opt-out clause and it's only for the duration of the CBA season.
"It's a 3.5-month season," Haylett said. "We plan on coming back to the NBA after the CBA season."
The 29-year-old Johnson, who became an NBA player in 2011 and has played only for the Atlanta Hawks, was initially campaigning for a mini mid-level contract.
But as the free-agent market changed with similarly sized and skilled forwards signing for the veteran's minimum, Haylett said a deal for around $3 million would be "tough" to get.
Johnson averaged 6.5 points and 3.9 rebounds in two seasons with Atlanta.
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US 23 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- California criminal behind 3-strikes law arrested
- 49ers Jim Harbaugh ready for start of free agency 47 min ago
- MasterCard, Visa plan group focused on security
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos