Kings' Landry to have surgery for hip flexor
Sacramento Kings power forward Carl Landry will have hip surgery Tuesday and probably miss much of the season.
Landry tore a left hip flexor muscle during a recent practice and is expected to miss three to four months. The team said Monday that Dr. William Meyers of Philadelphia will operate.
Landry signed a $26 million, four-year contract in July. He averaged 10.8 points and six rebounds in 23.2 minutes off the bench for the Golden State Warriors last season and helped them reach the second round of the playoffs.
He opted out of the final year of his two-year, $8 million deal with Golden State last month to become a free agent.
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers 7 min ago
- Manhunt on for Bay Area ATM robber
- Outkast, The Cure to headline BottleRock in Napa
- Quiznos files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
- CDC reports rare woman-to-woman HIV transmission
- Overnight stays come to Winchester Mystery House
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Uber insurance policy; BottleRock lineup 24 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos