Tom Cable happy about Raiders win
The Raiders' upset of the Steelers in Pittsburgh was one for the ages.
Quarterback Bruce Gradkowski, a Pittsburgh native, and rookie receiver Louis Murphy have a new winning connection.
These two combined for two touchdown passes, both in the 4th quarter. The first was a 75 yarder, where Murphy earned the last 10 yards and the 6 points.
Then Murphy came up with the catch of his young career, a jump ball in quadruple coverage and this catch set up the game winning touchdown. That's where Gradkowski showed patience in the pocket and throws it just beyond the DB's hands for the nail in the coffin.
On Monday Coach Tom Cable was liking this dynamic duo.
"I think the most exciting thing was the explosiveness of us yesterday in the 4th quarter, that's the most exciting thing, because we can be that throughout the game and hopefully we'll learn from that 4th quarter, that we're capable of being like that from the beginning of the game all the way through the end," said Cable.
tom cable, oakland raiders, nfl, mike shumann
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle 20 min ago
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- '628' area code to begin in '415' region in 2015 6 min ago
- Last minute Christmas shopping is in full swing
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial 30 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos