49ers hoping to end season 8-8
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The San Francisco 49ers won in an ugly fashion Sunday against the Detroit Lions and are now looking for an 8-8 finish, their first non-losing season in seven years.
The 49er defense has forced 5 or more turnovers in 3 games this season -- the only team in the league to do so.
Sunday they forced 6 turnovers against the Lions, but their offense could only manage 3 points off those turnovers.
That is the most disturbing part of the victory and Monday head coach Mike Singletary agreed that you have to find a way to capitalize on your opponents mistakes.
"This is not acceptable. It's never acceptable, and I don't think it's acceptable to our offense or anyone on our offense. I think we made the plays that we needed to make. I think there were a couple of times that we did execute very well," said Singletary.
san francisco 49ers, mike singletary, nfl, mike shumann
- Police search for gunman after officer shot in SF 23 min ago
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Rally held in SF to mark anniversary of Japan quake
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Missing woman from Benicia found in Alpine County
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case