49ers hoping to end season 8-8
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The San Francisco 49ers won in an ugly fashion Sunday against the Detroit Lions and are now looking for an 8-8 finish, their first non-losing season in seven years.
The 49er defense has forced 5 or more turnovers in 3 games this season -- the only team in the league to do so.
Sunday they forced 6 turnovers against the Lions, but their offense could only manage 3 points off those turnovers.
That is the most disturbing part of the victory and Monday head coach Mike Singletary agreed that you have to find a way to capitalize on your opponents mistakes.
"This is not acceptable. It's never acceptable, and I don't think it's acceptable to our offense or anyone on our offense. I think we made the plays that we needed to make. I think there were a couple of times that we did execute very well," said Singletary.
san francisco 49ers, mike singletary, nfl, mike shumann
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday