Raiders botched another possible win
ALAMEDA, CA (KGO) -- On Sunday, the Oakland Raiders blew another chance for their first win streak this season, as they lost to the Cleveland Browns.
Where do I start with this team? Despite 13 penalties for a season high 126 yards, there were some bright moments.
For example, Raider quarterback Charlie Frye threw for over 300 yards, but also had 3 picks. Tight end Zack Miller had a career day with 9 catches.
Regardless, the Raiders have been inconsistent all season by winning games they shouldn't and losing to teams they should beat.
Head coach Tom Cable is fighting for his job and somehow sees progress.
"We're starting to build a trust for each other in that locker room, in that huddle. I think that we're playing the distance. We're playing all 60 minutes now. We're fighting our butts off for each other. We have to get better as a coaching staff. We have to get better as a football team, but at the end of the day, we've changed an attitude and a mindset. Now the next piece is the most important piece and that's winning all those close games," said Cable.
oakland raiders, tom cable, nfl, mike shumann
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case