Raiders botched another possible win
ALAMEDA, CA (KGO) -- On Sunday, the Oakland Raiders blew another chance for their first win streak this season, as they lost to the Cleveland Browns.
Where do I start with this team? Despite 13 penalties for a season high 126 yards, there were some bright moments.
For example, Raider quarterback Charlie Frye threw for over 300 yards, but also had 3 picks. Tight end Zack Miller had a career day with 9 catches.
Regardless, the Raiders have been inconsistent all season by winning games they shouldn't and losing to teams they should beat.
Head coach Tom Cable is fighting for his job and somehow sees progress.
"We're starting to build a trust for each other in that locker room, in that huddle. I think that we're playing the distance. We're playing all 60 minutes now. We're fighting our butts off for each other. We have to get better as a coaching staff. We have to get better as a football team, but at the end of the day, we've changed an attitude and a mindset. Now the next piece is the most important piece and that's winning all those close games," said Cable.
oakland raiders, tom cable, nfl, mike shumann
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday