Singletary still believes in Alex Smith
NFL executives are in Indianapolis this week for what some have described as the "Underwear Olympics."
It's the NFL combine, where prospects strip down, get poked and prodded by doctors and go through various drills.
49ers head coach Mike Singletary is at the combine, while fans may doubt Alex Smith and his ability to lead the red and gold to a championship someday, the coach says he has confidence in Smith.
"I'm always going to use words like probably and all those other things because I like competition. I like guys knowing that they're always going to compete, but I feel very confident in saying Alex Smith is our starting quarterback going forward," says Singletary.
alex smith, mike singletary, san francisco 49ers, nfl, larry beil
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 28 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill 10 min ago
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery...
10 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos