Singletary still believes in Alex Smith
NFL executives are in Indianapolis this week for what some have described as the "Underwear Olympics."
It's the NFL combine, where prospects strip down, get poked and prodded by doctors and go through various drills.
49ers head coach Mike Singletary is at the combine, while fans may doubt Alex Smith and his ability to lead the red and gold to a championship someday, the coach says he has confidence in Smith.
"I'm always going to use words like probably and all those other things because I like competition. I like guys knowing that they're always going to compete, but I feel very confident in saying Alex Smith is our starting quarterback going forward," says Singletary.
alex smith, mike singletary, san francisco 49ers, nfl, larry beil
- Secret Service investigating big Target data breach 7 min ago
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Another mistake found in BART union contract
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos