Santa Clara voters mixed on new 49ers stadium
SANTA CLARA, CA (KGO) -- A new survey of Santa Clara voters shows the 49ers may have a tough time convincing enough voters to approve a new $937 million stadium in the South Bay.
The survey included 200 Santa Clara voters likely to cast ballots in the June election.
There are 45 percent that favor the project, 45 percent are against it, the rest are undecided.
The current stadium plan calls for Santa Clara to contribute $114 million to the project, without raising taxes or utility rates.
santa clara, san francisco 49ers, nfl
- Supreme Court could issue Prop 8, DOMA rulings 20 min ago
- SF 'landlords from hell' plead guilty to felonies
- Coast Guard rescues 4 people along San Mateo coast
- More victims in SF say teen girls robbed them
- IT tech charged with stealing $400,000 in equipment
- Dog that killed 6-year-old boy euthanized
- ABC7 Top Scholar: Michael Yu
- Woman receives $130 billion FasTrack bill
- SF LGBT film festival marks 37 years amid SCOTUS rulings
- SF couple uses Task Rabbit, Airbnb apps for profit
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder George Zimmer
- abcnews: Pope invites Down syndrome teen for a spin
- roundup: Potrero Hill stabbing; BART review
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday