Santa Clara voters mixed on new 49ers stadium
SANTA CLARA, CA (KGO) -- A new survey of Santa Clara voters shows the 49ers may have a tough time convincing enough voters to approve a new $937 million stadium in the South Bay.
The survey included 200 Santa Clara voters likely to cast ballots in the June election.
There are 45 percent that favor the project, 45 percent are against it, the rest are undecided.
The current stadium plan calls for Santa Clara to contribute $114 million to the project, without raising taxes or utility rates.
santa clara, san francisco 49ers, nfl
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire