Santa Clara voters mixed on new 49ers stadium
SANTA CLARA, CA (KGO) -- A new survey of Santa Clara voters shows the 49ers may have a tough time convincing enough voters to approve a new $937 million stadium in the South Bay.
The survey included 200 Santa Clara voters likely to cast ballots in the June election.
There are 45 percent that favor the project, 45 percent are against it, the rest are undecided.
The current stadium plan calls for Santa Clara to contribute $114 million to the project, without raising taxes or utility rates.
santa clara, san francisco 49ers, nfl
- Bay Area braces for coldest night of the cold snap
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Harding makes 37 saves, Wild beat Sharks 3-1
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos