Family feud occurs during 49ers practice
SANTA CLARA, CA (KGO) -- A little bit of family feud occurred at the San Francisco 49ers' training camp on Wednesday.
There was a confrontation between tight end Vernon Davis and receiver Michael Crabtree. There were no punches thrown or anything like that, but lots of yelling to the point that they had to leave the practice field.
Davis is never shy about sharing his thoughts about things. He's been named one of the team's captains and apparently hasn't been happy with Crabtree's attitude or work ethic at training camp.
Crabtree objected and the result was a shouting match.
Head coach Mike Singletary said he does appreciate Davis' leadership, but he went about it the wrong way.
"They were both wrong and we will not have distractions on this team. Vernon just forgot temporarily that that is not allowed, we don't do that, we don't treat family like that, we don't disrespect each other," said Singletary.
san francisco 49ers, mike singletary, nfl
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF 18 min ago
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Police search for men over attempted bank robbery
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Florida school board member wants parent dress code
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York 51 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos