Family feud occurs during 49ers practice
SANTA CLARA, CA (KGO) -- A little bit of family feud occurred at the San Francisco 49ers' training camp on Wednesday.
There was a confrontation between tight end Vernon Davis and receiver Michael Crabtree. There were no punches thrown or anything like that, but lots of yelling to the point that they had to leave the practice field.
Davis is never shy about sharing his thoughts about things. He's been named one of the team's captains and apparently hasn't been happy with Crabtree's attitude or work ethic at training camp.
Crabtree objected and the result was a shouting match.
Head coach Mike Singletary said he does appreciate Davis' leadership, but he went about it the wrong way.
"They were both wrong and we will not have distractions on this team. Vernon just forgot temporarily that that is not allowed, we don't do that, we don't treat family like that, we don't disrespect each other," said Singletary.
san francisco 49ers, mike singletary, nfl
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Seismic saddles in place on new Bay Bridge
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation policy
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos