Joe Montana requires stitches after ATV accident
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Hall of Fame quarterback Joe Montana is recovering after an accident over the weekend.
Montana told ABC's Mike Shumann he took a tumble while riding an all terrain vehicle on his ranch near Calistoga. Montana was not seriously hurt, but his injuries did require stitches above his eye.
His injuries are enough to keep him from appearing before the Santa Clara City Council Tuesday. He's hoping to build a hotel, restaurants and sports bars on two city-owned parcels near the proposed new 49ers stadium.
calistoga, crash, celebrity, nfl
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case