Raiders rookie looks ready for season in camp
NAPA, Calif. (KGO) -- Every year in NFL training camps, a rookie comes out of nowhere, has a spectacular training camp and makes the team. That rookie with the Oakland Raiders is 5th round draft choice and wide receiver Denarius Moore.
Moore has been very impressive this summer with the Raiders.
"He's had a great camp, he's played well in games, he's been very consistent and that's what you look for. I think the young man, like I said earlier, has no fear," said Raider head coach Hue Jackson.
This rookie out of Tennessee grew up a Cowboy fan and was surprised when the Raiders drafted him. He has mutual respect for his head coach.
"He's an amazing coach. He's like one of those amazing coaches that you wish to have on every team. He's a team player, he also knows when to crack down and be for real and keep the practice fun," said Moore.
Moore has the size, speed and hops to play at this level. But he says he brings more to the table than that.
"A person who wants to win, someone who can get off press coverage, use his speed to get open, has good hands and can catch the ball," said Moore.
He's taken advantage of his opportunities due to injuries at his position and like all rookies, he says it would be a dream come true to make this roster. Well, guess what? I think he already has.
"I think the games are not big for him. He loves the game, he loves the spotlight, and I'm looking forward to watching him grow as we go through the season," said Jackson.
napa, oakland raiders, nfl, mike shumann
- Brentwood students facing charges for sexting scandal
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Bay Area kids look to strike gold on ABC's 'Shark Tank'
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos