Eagles' Babin gets fined for hitting Smith
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (KGO) -- The NFL has fined Eagles lineman Jason Babin $15,000 for his hit on San Francisco 49ers quarterback Alex Smith on Sunday.
It was a personal foul for roughing the passer. The league apparently added the fine because the hit was up high to the neck, but it seems like an over-reaction, since much bigger hits routinely get ignored.
san francisco 49ers, alex smith, nfl
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead' 17 min ago
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed 15 min ago
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Seismic saddles in place on new Bay Bridge
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation policy
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Last minute Christmas shopping is in full...
55 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos