Raiders linebacker McClain arrested in Alabama
DECATUR, Ala. -- Authorities say Oakland Raiders linebacker Rolando McClain has been arrested. He is facing assault, firearms and other charges after a fight in his Alabama hometown.
Lt. John Crouch of the Decatur Police Department released a statement Thursday saying McClain allegedly fired a gun beside a man's head during a fight reported Wednesday night. The statement says the man begged McClain not to shoot him.
No one was shot, but police say a man who was injured in the altercation drove himself to a hospital, where he was treated and released.
McClain was taken into custody on Thursday and held on $2,000 bond. Another man identified as Jerradius Willingham also is charged.
Earlier this year McClain, the 2009 Butkus Award winner at Alabama, reported someone in Decatur shooting at his vehicle.
oakland raiders, nfl
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Surfer rescued; Fatal Oakland crash