Raiders linebacker McClain arrested in Alabama
DECATUR, Ala. -- Authorities say Oakland Raiders linebacker Rolando McClain has been arrested. He is facing assault, firearms and other charges after a fight in his Alabama hometown.
Lt. John Crouch of the Decatur Police Department released a statement Thursday saying McClain allegedly fired a gun beside a man's head during a fight reported Wednesday night. The statement says the man begged McClain not to shoot him.
No one was shot, but police say a man who was injured in the altercation drove himself to a hospital, where he was treated and released.
McClain was taken into custody on Thursday and held on $2,000 bond. Another man identified as Jerradius Willingham also is charged.
Earlier this year McClain, the 2009 Butkus Award winner at Alabama, reported someone in Decatur shooting at his vehicle.
oakland raiders, nfl
- Target apologizes after massive data breach 9 min ago
- Deputy saves man from fiery crash in Oakland
- Honda tops insurance industry safety list 1 min ago
- Journals show students' despair, hope 57 min ago
- CPUC considering fine against PG&E for faulty pipeline 4 min ago
- BART board meets over error in union contract 28 min ago
- Bus with 8 kids involved in crash in Livermore
- 10-year-old girl to become Wonder Girl in Vallejo
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming electronics
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Journals show students' despair, hope
57 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos