PG&E doesn't expect any Candlestick power outages
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- PG&E says it does not expect any power problems at Candlestick Park during this weekend's 49ers playoff game.
A picture, sent to us from Russel M. via uReport, shows crews rewiring lines near the park on Saturday. That's when PG&E says it finished the work.
You might remember, the power went off twice during last month's Monday Night Football game. PG&E says a line failed then a switch on the stadium's backup power system apparently malfunctioned.
San Francisco's Mayor Ed Lee told us there won't be able problems for 49er fans this Saturday.
The stick is ready. And you know, I am going to say this... lights out on New Orleans," said Lee.
PG&E says it completely rewired the lines from the ball park to the substation in Daly City and tests show the system is working properly.
san francisco 49ers, candlestick park, PG&E, power outage, nfl
- Bicyclist killed in accident with garbage truck in SF 29 min ago
- New details released in police officers' murders
- Obama sees narrower terror threat, defends drones 12 min ago
- Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup
- Man escapes early morning house fire in Pinole
- Work to begin to replace bolts on new Bay Bridge
- Woman hit by construction van in critical condition
- SFO employee accused of stealing from luggage
- BART to vote on allowing bikes on rush hour trains
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets free McDonald's food
- Actor Brad Pitt says he suffers from prosopagnosia
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak
- roundup: SF warehouse fire; Fatal bicyclist accident
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday 52 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos