SF, NY mayors agree to wager on NFC Championship
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The bets are in: San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee and New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg have agreed to a friendly wager on Sunday's NFC Championship Game.
If the San Francisco 49ers win, Bloomberg will rename 49th Street in Manhattan "49ers Street" and send Lee a dozen New York Bagels. If the Giants win, Lee will outfit a Powell Street line cable car in New York Giants blue and red and send Bloomberg Boudin sourdough bread.
"49ers fever is sweeping our city and the entire Bay Area region, and we are so proud of our hometown team," Lee said. "So while I'm excited to make this bet with Mayor Bloomberg, we have no intention of losing."
The NFC Championship Game between the San Francisco 49ers and New York Giants will be played Sunday afternoon at Candlestick Park.
san francisco 49ers, nfl
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash 8 min ago
- Antioch man arrested after wild, high-speed chase
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- NKorea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle as a traitor 30 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- UN inspectors confirm Syria chemical attack
- San Jose fire crews battle one-alarm house fire
- NYC college student dies during fraternity ritual
- Vallejo police ID two most recent homicide victims
- FCC considers lifting ban on in-flight cellphone use 58 min ago
- Instagram launches direct messaging feature
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: Copper wiring theft; "Shop With a Cop"
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos