SF, NY mayors agree to wager on NFC Championship
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The bets are in: San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee and New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg have agreed to a friendly wager on Sunday's NFC Championship Game.
If the San Francisco 49ers win, Bloomberg will rename 49th Street in Manhattan "49ers Street" and send Lee a dozen New York Bagels. If the Giants win, Lee will outfit a Powell Street line cable car in New York Giants blue and red and send Bloomberg Boudin sourdough bread.
"49ers fever is sweeping our city and the entire Bay Area region, and we are so proud of our hometown team," Lee said. "So while I'm excited to make this bet with Mayor Bloomberg, we have no intention of losing."
The NFC Championship Game between the San Francisco 49ers and New York Giants will be played Sunday afternoon at Candlestick Park.
san francisco 49ers, nfl
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF 9 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks 3 min ago
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Missing woman from Benicia found in Alpine County
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
9 min ago
- International effort underway to find...
18 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting...
3 min ago