Tom Brady's father talks to ABC7
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The pride of San Mateo, Tom Brady, will try to join Terry Bradshaw and Joe Montana as the only quarterbacks to win four Super Bowls. I sat down with Tom's father who couldn't be more proud of his son. Here are a few excerpts from his interview and you can see the whole thing in the video.
Tom Brady Sr.: We're tickled that he's having the success that he has. This doesn't get old by the way.
Shumann: Would you have ever thought when he was growing up as a gangly, skinny, tall kid that this would have been his future?
Brady Sr.: No.
A Saturday Night Live skit once featured Jesus in a locker room saying, "If I'm the son of God, Tom Brady's got to be the guy's nephew. That guy's a miracle worker."
Brady Sr.: As was said on Saturday Night Live maybe he's the nephew or the grandson of God because he has been rewarded and good things have happened. He's kind of been sprinkled with some gold dust.
Shumann: Terry Bradshaw and Joe Montana are the only quarterbacks in the history of the game to have four Super Bowl rings. If Tom wins this will be his 4th, and I know Montana was one of his idols growing up, so I think Tom would enjoy joining this class.
Brady Sr.: Well he would. Joe is the top of the pantheon of great quarterbacks and Tommy, just to be in the same conversation of being something special kind, of makes the dad feel real good. But it's a big mountain to climb because the Giants are going to be very tough. We were this close the last time.
Shumann: Tom's only loss in a Super Bowl, so there's not a revenge factor here, but this game is a little of a revenge matchup.
Brady Sr.: Well, it's just another opportunity. You don't know how many times these opportunities are going to keep knocking on the door to notch that 4th. You know you're going to put everything in that you can into it, the question is, is that going to be enough to get the reward that you want?
Shumann: Tom is really playing against the best competition that's ever been in the league, so if he were to win his 4th, he might be considered the best of all time. How does that make you feel?
Brady Sr.: Humbled...that's pretty special.
Shumann: Last question... a prediction?
Brady Sr.: I see the Patriots win it 37-35.
super bowl, nfl, mike shumann
- Protesters vacate CCSF building, head to city hall
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Manhunt on for Bay Area ATM robber
- Outkast, The Cure to headline BottleRock in Napa
- Quiznos files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
- CDC reports rare woman-to-woman HIV transmission
- Overnight stays come to Winchester Mystery House
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Uber insurance policy; BottleRock lineup
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Search for lost jet expands amid signs it...
20 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos