49ers-Raiders preseason game cancelled
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- There's fallout from the violence that marred last year's annual pre-season "Battle of The Bay" between the San Francisco 49ers and the Oakland Raiders.
Because of fights in the Candlestick Park stands that spilled over into the parking lot, where there were two shootings, the game has been cancelled.
That ends an 11-year run of preseason games between the 49ers and Raiders.
The teams won't meet in the regular season this year either.
san francisco 49ers, oakland raiders, nfl
- Deputies monitoring PG&E substation in San Jose
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
- SAP looks to hire those with autism, Asperger's
- Experts weigh in on Bay Bridge broken bolt debacle
- Windy conditions cause damage around Bay Area
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe 21 min ago
- Group wants parents to boycott Harvey Milk Day
- 49ers new stadium to host Super Bowl 50 in 2016
- Woman's cremated ashes washed away in fire
- Bay Area fire captain among team sent to Oklahoma
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: SF bank robbery; Search for survivors
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
5 min ago