49ers-Raiders preseason game cancelled
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- There's fallout from the violence that marred last year's annual pre-season "Battle of The Bay" between the San Francisco 49ers and the Oakland Raiders.
Because of fights in the Candlestick Park stands that spilled over into the parking lot, where there were two shootings, the game has been cancelled.
That ends an 11-year run of preseason games between the 49ers and Raiders.
The teams won't meet in the regular season this year either.
san francisco 49ers, oakland raiders, nfl
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal 30 min ago
- Last minute Christmas shopping is in full swing
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos