Vernon Davis' brother charged in tourist's death
WASHINGTON (KGO) -- The brother of 49ers football player Vernon Davis is being charged in connection with an attack that may be linked to the death of a tourist in Washington D.C. Thursday night.
Police say there were two similar assaults in the area where the killing took place. Michael Davis is accused of one of those attacks. Investigators say none of the victims knew each other. They all suffered head wounds and were attacked suddenly and with no provocation.
The victim was a 66-year-old man from Denver.
Friday morning, Vernon Davis tweeted, "Just got a disturbing call from back home in Washington, D.C. a good day gone bad. Hopefully he wasn't involved."
san francisco 49ers, crime, murder, tourism, nfl
- Plane's disappearance result of "deliberate action"
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Bay Area kids look to strike gold on ABC's 'Shark Tank'
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos