Vernon Davis' brother charged in tourist's death
WASHINGTON (KGO) -- The brother of 49ers football player Vernon Davis is being charged in connection with an attack that may be linked to the death of a tourist in Washington D.C. Thursday night.
Police say there were two similar assaults in the area where the killing took place. Michael Davis is accused of one of those attacks. Investigators say none of the victims knew each other. They all suffered head wounds and were attacked suddenly and with no provocation.
The victim was a 66-year-old man from Denver.
Friday morning, Vernon Davis tweeted, "Just got a disturbing call from back home in Washington, D.C. a good day gone bad. Hopefully he wasn't involved."
san francisco 49ers, crime, murder, tourism, nfl
- Frigid temperatures continue in the Bay Area
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Dawson go-ahead field goal lifts 49ers by Seattle
- Facebook considers adding "sympathize" button
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Time announces finalists for Person of the Year
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Winter Spare the Air called for today
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos