San Francisco 49ers greats remember RC Owens
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco 49er greats from the past were at GLIDE Memorial Friday to say goodbye to one of their own.
Former head coach George Siefert, wide receiver Dwight Clark, and fullback Tom Rathman were just of few of the ex-49ers who attended the funeral of legendary wide receiver RC Owens. The service included a video tribute of his playing days.
Number 27 played for the Niners from 1957 to 1961. He was most famous for Y. A. Tittle's alley-oop pass. RC Owens died last week. He was 77.
san francisco 49ers, celebrity, celebrity deaths, nfl
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer shooting
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found 50 min ago
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at SoCal school
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Thousands protest ahead of Fukushima anniversary
- Gas prices may jump from California emissions law
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible 50 min ago
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts 38 min ago
- Footage examined to ID two with stolen...
25 min ago