San Francisco 49ers greats remember RC Owens
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco 49er greats from the past were at GLIDE Memorial Friday to say goodbye to one of their own.
Former head coach George Siefert, wide receiver Dwight Clark, and fullback Tom Rathman were just of few of the ex-49ers who attended the funeral of legendary wide receiver RC Owens. The service included a video tribute of his playing days.
Number 27 played for the Niners from 1957 to 1961. He was most famous for Y. A. Tittle's alley-oop pass. RC Owens died last week. He was 77.
san francisco 49ers, celebrity, celebrity deaths, nfl
- Teen survives flight from SJC to Hawaii in wheel well 18 min ago
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday