San Francisco 49ers greats remember RC Owens
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco 49er greats from the past were at GLIDE Memorial Friday to say goodbye to one of their own.
Former head coach George Siefert, wide receiver Dwight Clark, and fullback Tom Rathman were just of few of the ex-49ers who attended the funeral of legendary wide receiver RC Owens. The service included a video tribute of his playing days.
Number 27 played for the Niners from 1957 to 1961. He was most famous for Y. A. Tittle's alley-oop pass. RC Owens died last week. He was 77.
san francisco 49ers, celebrity, celebrity deaths, nfl
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF 39 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week 8 min ago
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition 20 min ago
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
- Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
35 min ago
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
39 min ago