San Francisco 49ers greats remember RC Owens
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco 49er greats from the past were at GLIDE Memorial Friday to say goodbye to one of their own.
Former head coach George Siefert, wide receiver Dwight Clark, and fullback Tom Rathman were just of few of the ex-49ers who attended the funeral of legendary wide receiver RC Owens. The service included a video tribute of his playing days.
Number 27 played for the Niners from 1957 to 1961. He was most famous for Y. A. Tittle's alley-oop pass. RC Owens died last week. He was 77.
san francisco 49ers, celebrity, celebrity deaths, nfl
- Family take legal steps to keep girl on life support 39 min ago
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Man accused of trying to throw wife off San Mateo Bridge
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies 23 min ago
- New tech honcho for Obama health care website
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing for...
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Santa Clara County hit hard by bad air
25 min ago