San Francisco 49ers greats remember RC Owens
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco 49er greats from the past were at GLIDE Memorial Friday to say goodbye to one of their own.
Former head coach George Siefert, wide receiver Dwight Clark, and fullback Tom Rathman were just of few of the ex-49ers who attended the funeral of legendary wide receiver RC Owens. The service included a video tribute of his playing days.
Number 27 played for the Niners from 1957 to 1961. He was most famous for Y. A. Tittle's alley-oop pass. RC Owens died last week. He was 77.
san francisco 49ers, celebrity, celebrity deaths, nfl
- SF 'landlords from hell' plead guilty to felonies
- Police enforce pedestrian safety with sting operation 29 min ago
- Fire concerns growing as July 4th approaches
- AMA now recognizes obesity as a disease
- New Colo. wildfire prompts evacuations of homes
- Dog that killed 6-year-old boy euthanized
- Panel restores some pay for lawmakers, governor
- ABC7 Top Scholar: Michael Yu
- Woman receives $130B FasTrack bill 11 min ago
- SF LGBT film festival marks 37 years amid SCOTUS rulings
- SF couple uses Task Rabbit, Airbnb apps for profit 51 min ago
- abcnews: Pope invites Down syndrome teen for a spin
- roundup: Potrero Hill stabbing; BART review 22 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos