NFL holds secret meeting about Raiders stadium
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- A secret meeting was held last week between the Oakland Raiders, National Football League officials and city leaders about a new stadium for the team.
Our media partner, the Oakland Tribune reports that NFL officials arrived on August 9 to hear the city's pitch for a transformed Coliseum complex. The team has said it wants a replacement for the 46-year-old stadium it shares with the A's. The Raiders also have said they prefer to stay in Oakland, but sharing the 49ers new stadium in Santa Clara or a return to Los Angeles are options.
oakland raiders, oakland, nfl
- Santa Cruz police arrest crime plot mastermind 14 min ago
- Thieves target True Religion jeans
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions
- Damage reported after 5.7 quake in Greenville
- Police position DUI checkpoints at unsuspecting points 3 min ago
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- Shift in tactics may be helping Oakland police
- 3-D printer helps save dying baby with rare disease
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Walnut Creek student dies after brain hemorrhage
- NASA Ames focusing on advanced manufacturing
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Bicyclist killed ID'd; Unsolved murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Police position DUI checkpoints at...
3 min ago