49ers and Coupons.com team up for charity
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. (KGO) -- A Mountain View company and the 49ers teamed up today in an attempt to crack a Guinness world record.
Hundreds of employees at Coupons.com spent the morning packing lunches to fill what organizers hope will break the record for the world's largest lunchbox. The company launched its charitable website couponsforchange.org. The effort is in partnership with the 49ers foundation.
"When you have one in four families living in poverty here in the Bay Area and you look at the great companies that are here, the great ideas that are here. That's something that isn't always talked about, isn't always seen," said 49ers President and CEO Jed York.
49ers alumni Dwight Clark and Keena Turner were among the 49ers on hand. They helped pack over 400 lunches for needy families -- which will be submitted for Guinness world record consideration.
san francisco 49ers, nfl
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Fire that injured 2 under investigation in SJ
- Lockdown lifted at Monterey Peninsula College 42 min ago
- Blind man survives getting run over by train
- Water pours from top of San Francisco high-rise
- Danville teen killed in Highway 24 crash identified
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- Lonely Michigan boy gets surprise party on GMA
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday