On 4th day of 9th month, Harbaugh welcomes baby boy
San Francisco 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh was a little distracted from the team's first game coming up this weekend, and with good reason. Tuesday, he and his wife Sarah welcomed their third child and first boy.
Harbaugh took time off practice to attend the birth, but don't expect him to take paternity leave. "Jack Jr. will understand in 20 years," Harbaugh said. "He wants to win, too."
The baby is named Jack after Harbaugh's father.
Forty-niner fans will like this -- his birthday is on the fourth day of the ninth month!
Jack weighed in at 8 pounds, 8 ounces. Dad says that's just the right size for playing linebacker or fullback.
san francisco 49ers, nfl
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family
- Freeze Warning in place for most of the Bay Area
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States
- Stanford Rose Bowl-bound after beating ASU
- Batkid returns to SF for Make-A-Wish fundraiser
- Thompson has 30 and Warriors top Grizzlies 108-82
- Deputy who fatally shot Andy Lopez to return to work
- 5 displaced in two-alarm apartment fire in Alameda
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday