49ers' new stadium 15 percent complete
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (KGO) -- It's full steam ahead for the San Francisco 49ers' new stadium in Santa Clara.
Project directors said Tuesday that the stadium is now 15 percent complete, with 400 construction workers on track to finish on schedule and in time for the 2014 football season.
It will take some 18,000 tons of steel -- the weight of 3,000 elephants -- to finish the job. That's enough concrete for the foundations of 300 average size homes and more than 50 miles of underground pipes.
san francisco 49ers, santa clara, nfl
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Investigators reconstruct bus crash in California
- Crews retrieving body that washed onto Lands End
- San Leandro High teacher arrested for sex with minor 26 min ago
- Death penalty sought in killing of girl at sleepover
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Chelsea Clinton expecting first child
- Ryu pitches Dodgers past Giants 2-1 to avoid sweep
- Korean Air A380 hits 2 light poles at LA airport
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
18 min ago