Jerry Rice promotes pop-up gym at Pier 39
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Former San Francisco 49er Jerry Rice is taking fitness to a new level.
The football legend was at Pier 39 Thursday morning with Gillette Odor Shield to unveil a free pop-up fitness site at the pier.
It's called "My City Is My Gym" and Rice hopes it helps people see how to use their urban surroundings for an outdoor workout.
Rice says it's easy to break a sweat using nothing but a park bench, vending machine, or even scaffolding.
The event will run through Saturday.
san francisco 49ers, fitness, nfl
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- Consumer Reports tests toothbrushes
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Two injured in accident on Almaden Expressway
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Hammer beating; SF "420" crackdown