Logistics of feeding Raiders fans at the Coliseum
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Tonight the Raiders will take on Peyton Manning and the Broncos at the O.co Coliseum. Fans will fill the Coliseum and rally for the silver and black, but they won't be doing it on an empty stomach according to stadium officials they like to eat a lot.
"For every football game we pop about 400 pounds of popcorn," said Kate Girotti of O.co Coliseum.
That's enough popcorn to completely cover the entire football field with about an inch of popcorn.
Popcorn isn't the only munchie being eaten - the stadium sells 11,500 hotdogs every game, that's so many hotdogs - that if you lined them end to end they would stretch a mile.
But hotdogs aren't the biggest seller at the Coliseum - it is nachos. Over the season -- they will make 18,500 pounds of nachos; that's more than 18 tons of chips - jalapenos and hot cheese.
Of course all that stadium goodness needs to be washed down with something.
"Guests go through three-thousand-plus gallons of soda here," said Girotti.
Over the regular playing season, that's enough soda to fill a good sized swimming pool.
oakland raiders, san leandro, nfl, larry beil
- Deputy saves man from fiery crash in Oakland 42 min ago
- DEA wages war on synthetic drugs sold on Internet
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments 4 min ago
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos