Crabtree visits Boys and Girls Club
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The San Francisco 49er players get one day off a week during the season. Most will nurse their injuries and get some rest, but this team is also very active in the community.
Video game publisher Ubisoft was demonstrating its latest game on Monday, Hip Hop Dance Experience, to the local Boys and Girls Club of San Francisco. This game uses NFL players and all of a sudden it came to life as 49er wide receiver Michael Crabtree showed up.
"It was amazing. Just his presence and he was really nice and warming," said Bianca Sices from Hunters Point.
Crabtree got involved with Ubisoft, and now donates $1,000 for every touchdown he catches to the Boys and Girls Club of San Francisco, with his "crab-shake" touchdown dance, which he demonstrated on Monday.
"I found out I could donate to my charity. Then the Boys' Club came to mind and dance moves. I was always a big dancer when I was young. It's all just tied into one," said Crabtree.
He got involved with the Boys and Girls Club for a good reason, dating back to his childhood.
"I was there every day pool table, dominos, boxing, basketball, football, all of the above. I just felt like it kept me out of trouble," said Crabtree.
It meant a lot to these kids.
"It gives our kids an opportunity to see somebody you see on TV who's real and the message he brought out about their goals is something we preach every day," said Miguel Detrinidad, the Service Director of the Boys and Girls Club of San Francisco.
"Yeah, that's a good deal. I get to dance and give back at the same time. You can't beat that," said Crabtree.
san francisco 49ers, nfl, mike shumann
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos