SF, Atlanta mayors make wager on NFC Championship
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A friendly wager between mayors promises to add a little color to this weekend's 49ers-Falcons NFC Championship game.
If the 49ers win, Mayor Kasim Reed has promised to color Atlanta's City Hall in red and gold. And if the Falcons win, Mayor Ed Lee will let City Hall glow red and white.
A difference of just one color, but a world of football symbolism!
On top of that, the winning team's flag will wave from the loser's city hall flagpole.
UPDATE: Atlanta's mayor and Lee ran into each other at the U.S. Conference of Mayors in Washingtno DC Friday and upped their 49ers-Falcons wager to include Georgia peaches and Philz Coffee.
san francisco 49ers, ed lee, san francisco city hall, nfl
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Fatal accident on Almaden Expressway in San Jose 4 min ago
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Hammer beating; SF "420" crackdown 45 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
36 min ago