SF, Atlanta mayors make wager on NFC Championship
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A friendly wager between mayors promises to add a little color to this weekend's 49ers-Falcons NFC Championship game.
If the 49ers win, Mayor Kasim Reed has promised to color Atlanta's City Hall in red and gold. And if the Falcons win, Mayor Ed Lee will let City Hall glow red and white.
A difference of just one color, but a world of football symbolism!
On top of that, the winning team's flag will wave from the loser's city hall flagpole.
UPDATE: Atlanta's mayor and Lee ran into each other at the U.S. Conference of Mayors in Washingtno DC Friday and upped their 49ers-Falcons wager to include Georgia peaches and Philz Coffee.
san francisco 49ers, ed lee, san francisco city hall, nfl
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach 48 min ago
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires
- Two hospitalized after acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- State senator to introduce utility security legislation
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley
- Barry Bonds back in Giants uniform as camp coach
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fremont fires; Crash victim ID'd