SF, Atlanta mayors make wager on NFC Championship
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A friendly wager between mayors promises to add a little color to this weekend's 49ers-Falcons NFC Championship game.
If the 49ers win, Mayor Kasim Reed has promised to color Atlanta's City Hall in red and gold. And if the Falcons win, Mayor Ed Lee will let City Hall glow red and white.
A difference of just one color, but a world of football symbolism!
On top of that, the winning team's flag will wave from the loser's city hall flagpole.
UPDATE: Atlanta's mayor and Lee ran into each other at the U.S. Conference of Mayors in Washingtno DC Friday and upped their 49ers-Falcons wager to include Georgia peaches and Philz Coffee.
san francisco 49ers, ed lee, san francisco city hall, nfl
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- Stockton Tunnel reopens after water line break repaired
- Crews remove broken window from high-rise in SF
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Rare tree halts plans for Smart Train in Cotati
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force 10 min ago
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- VIRAL VIDEO: Haiyan survivors in "Happy"...
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
6 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos