SF, Atlanta mayors make wager on NFC Championship
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A friendly wager between mayors promises to add a little color to this weekend's 49ers-Falcons NFC Championship game.
If the 49ers win, Mayor Kasim Reed has promised to color Atlanta's City Hall in red and gold. And if the Falcons win, Mayor Ed Lee will let City Hall glow red and white.
A difference of just one color, but a world of football symbolism!
On top of that, the winning team's flag will wave from the loser's city hall flagpole.
UPDATE: Atlanta's mayor and Lee ran into each other at the U.S. Conference of Mayors in Washingtno DC Friday and upped their 49ers-Falcons wager to include Georgia peaches and Philz Coffee.
san francisco 49ers, ed lee, san francisco city hall, nfl
- Supreme Court could issue Prop 8, DOMA rulings 10 min ago
- SF 'landlords from hell' plead guilty to felonies
- Coast Guard rescues 4 people along San Mateo coast
- More victims in SF say teen girls robbed them
- IT tech charged with stealing $400,000 in equipment
- Dog that killed 6-year-old boy euthanized
- ABC7 Top Scholar: Michael Yu
- Woman receives $130 billion FasTrack bill
- SF LGBT film festival marks 37 years amid SCOTUS rulings
- SF couple uses Task Rabbit, Airbnb apps for profit
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder George Zimmer
- abcnews: Pope invites Down syndrome teen for a spin
- roundup: Potrero Hill stabbing; BART review
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday