Report: Witnesses dispute Crabtree assault claim
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- According to a report, the sexual assault allegation against 49ers wide receiver Michael Crabtree is not holding up.
Last Friday, San Francisco police said they were investigating a complaint that the 25-year-old player assaulted a woman hours after the 49ers playoff game against the Green Bay Packers.
According to the San Francisco Chronicle, who quoted a police source, the woman who lodged the allegation was one of three women who joined Crabtree in a party at a room at the W Hotel in San Francisco. According to the report, the other two women told investigators that Crabtree did not assault anyone.
The police source also tells the newspaper that no damaging physical evidence has been recovered.
san francisco 49ers, crime, sex crimes, SFPD, nfl
- Asiana crash victim was run over twice
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball Bandit" 53 min ago
- Four-alarm warehouse fire in Concord investigated
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Facebook to join S&P 500
- Amazon grocery delivery rolls into San Francisco
- Volkswagen to end production of iconic 'Kombi' vans 28 min ago
- Supermodel Gisele's breastfeeding pic stirs debate
- wls: Baby girl found dead in car seat in Chicago
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Rollover crash victim; Vallejo homicide
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday 38 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
19 min ago
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball...
53 min ago