Report: Witnesses dispute Crabtree assault claim
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- According to a report, the sexual assault allegation against 49ers wide receiver Michael Crabtree is not holding up.
Last Friday, San Francisco police said they were investigating a complaint that the 25-year-old player assaulted a woman hours after the 49ers playoff game against the Green Bay Packers.
According to the San Francisco Chronicle, who quoted a police source, the woman who lodged the allegation was one of three women who joined Crabtree in a party at a room at the W Hotel in San Francisco. According to the report, the other two women told investigators that Crabtree did not assault anyone.
The police source also tells the newspaper that no damaging physical evidence has been recovered.
san francisco 49ers, crime, sex crimes, SFPD, nfl
- Teen survives flight from SJC to Hawaii in wheel well
- PG&E to be arraigned in fatal San Bruno blast 29 min ago
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- Barricaded man taken into custody in San Jose
- Kraft recalls 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners 36 min ago
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal shooting in Concord; Piedmont landslide
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos