49ers hold first full practice since NFC Championship
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (KGO) -- The Super Bowl bound San Francisco 49ers held their first full practice Wednesday following their big win Sunday over the Atlanta Falcons in the NFC Championship game. The question of the day was is it possible to prepare for a Super Bowl while telling yourself that it's just another football game?
The Niners began practice on a drizzly practice field where the group of big, fast, well-paid men went about their business insulated from a Bay Area which is filling with hopes and expectations. After practice, the team opened its locker room to reporters for a few minutes.
Reporters had one main question. Were they feeling it yet? The 49ers have an opportunity to bring the Bay Area its second world championship in five months.
"That would be something special for the city and something we hope to give it to them, but we still have to prepare pretty well and it won't be easy," center Jonathan Goodwin said.
Asked if he felt different now that he was going to the Super Bowl, offensive lineman Joe Staley replied, "No and I hope it doesn't change. I hope it doesn't. I'm going to take everything in and enjoy the moment but as well as all that, I want to treat it like a normal game."
"I don't feel pressure," he added.
That is about what fans would expect to hear the players say with the Super Bowl less than two weeks away.
san francisco 49ers, super bowl, santa clara, nfl, wayne freedman
- Santa Cruz police arrest crime plot mastermind
- Thieves target True Religion jeans
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions
- Damage reported after 5.7 quake in Greenville
- Police position DUI checkpoints in unsuspecting areas 48 min ago
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- Shift in tactics may be helping Oakland police
- 3-D printer helps save dying baby with rare disease
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Walnut Creek student dies after brain hemorrhage
- NASA Ames focusing on advanced manufacturing
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Bicyclist killed ID'd; Unsolved murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Police position DUI checkpoints in...
48 min ago