49ers hold first full practice since NFC Championship
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (KGO) -- The Super Bowl bound San Francisco 49ers held their first full practice Wednesday following their big win Sunday over the Atlanta Falcons in the NFC Championship game. The question of the day was is it possible to prepare for a Super Bowl while telling yourself that it's just another football game?
The Niners began practice on a drizzly practice field where the group of big, fast, well-paid men went about their business insulated from a Bay Area which is filling with hopes and expectations. After practice, the team opened its locker room to reporters for a few minutes.
Reporters had one main question. Were they feeling it yet? The 49ers have an opportunity to bring the Bay Area its second world championship in five months.
"That would be something special for the city and something we hope to give it to them, but we still have to prepare pretty well and it won't be easy," center Jonathan Goodwin said.
Asked if he felt different now that he was going to the Super Bowl, offensive lineman Joe Staley replied, "No and I hope it doesn't change. I hope it doesn't. I'm going to take everything in and enjoy the moment but as well as all that, I want to treat it like a normal game."
"I don't feel pressure," he added.
That is about what fans would expect to hear the players say with the Super Bowl less than two weeks away.
san francisco 49ers, super bowl, santa clara, nfl, wayne freedman
- SJ store owner get $1M for selling winning ticket
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- Georgia woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets
- Richmond council votes for foreclosure prevention plan 31 min ago
- Online retailers take part in Free Shipping Day 5 min ago
- Food bank hands out hundreds of hams to families
- 'Mary Poppins' among 25 US films to be preserved 26 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Stolen ATM recovered; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday