Longtime 49er fan wins Super Bowl tickets from Jed York
The last of the 49er season ticket holders, who lucked out in a special lottery, picked up their Super Bowl tickets on Saturday.
A limited number of tickets were made available to loyal customers over the past two days.
Season ticket holders lined up at the Candlestick box office to pay about a thousand dollars a ticket for next Sunday's Super Bowl in New Orleans.
One fan that wasn't lucky enough to win that lottery had a very different kind of luck on Saturday.
Longtime 49er fan Terry White has attended each of the team's five previous Super Bowls, starting with the 1981 season. But he wasn't chosen in this year's season ticket holder lottery.
It looked like his streak was at an end, until 49ers owner Jed York announced via email that White was the winner of his Twitter giveaway of two tickets.
"I opened up the email and started reading it and when I got to the end I just wasn't sure if I was actually getting tickets or not when I read it cause I guess I was in shock," White said.
White's been a 49er season ticket holder for 45 years.
York picked him over a 6-year-old girl from Ohio known for her YouTube raps about the Niners.
san francisco 49ers, nfl, nfl playoffs, super bowl, nfl
- Stolen European passports on missing plane
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea 50 min ago
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- One dead after house fire in Oakland
- Man arrested for DUI after injury crash in Russian Hill 10 min ago
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case 10 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos