Harbaugh & family get taste of New Orleans
NEW ORLEANS (KGO) -- When you go to New Orleans, you have to visit Cafe Du Monde in the French Quarter. That's exactly what the Harbaugh family did Monday and that's where ABC7 News Sports Director Larry Beil found them.
Earlier in the day, Harbaugh joked about allowing his son Jack, now 4 months old, to follow in his footsteps; Harbaugh was an NFL quarterback for 14 seasons.
"If President Obama feels that way, then (there will) be a little less competition for Jack Harbaugh when he gets older."
Obama told the New Republic he would "have to think long and hard" if he had a son who wanted to play football because of safety concerns.
Harbaugh's wife Sarah was also in a joking mood Monday. She called her husband "vanilla" because after finally making it to Cafe Du Monde for their world famous beignets, all he wanted was a hot dog.
san francisco 49ers, nfl, super bowl, food, jim harbaugh, nfl, larry beil
- Boy drowns after falling into canal in Antioch
- Search on for man who went missing after B2B race
- Scouts honor veterans at annual Memorial Day event
- Hundreds of food workers strike at AT&T Park in SF
- Angel Pagan wins it for SF Giants with inside-the-park HR
- Josh Donaldson, A's power past Astros 11-5
- Castillo scores as FC Dallas tops Earthquakes 1-0
- Wildfire near Interstate 580 in Livermore now contained
- San Antonio flooding kills one; 200-plus rescued
- San Francisco man with brain injury missing
- Millions march against Monsanto in over 400 cities
- abcnews: How to stay safe at amusement parks
- roundup: Machete murder; PG&E fights fine
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday