SF businesses prepare for Super Bowl
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Super Bowl Sunday is six days and that means party throwers need to start thinking about planning for the big game.
At Wing Wings in Lower Haight, workers are prepared to make as many as 12,000 chicken wings on Super Bowl Sunday.
Phone orders are already coming in, a dozen in just the first half-hour of business Monday. Customers are encouraged to place their order ahead of time since many were turned away on the day of the game last year.
"We had to take the phone off the hook last year just because we couldn't keep up with all the amount of business; people had already called in earlier," Wing Wings co-owner Christian Ciscle said.
At Extreme Pizza, they expect their delivery cars to be running non-stop. At the SoMa location, the number of employees working will be more than doubled. They expect to make at least 500 pizzas on the big day.
"Traditionally it's our busiest day of the year; the Giants winning the World Series might have been the busier day, we'll see how that turns out," manager Zach Adsit said.
At SF Party, January is usually a slow month, but thanks to the 49ers making the Super Bowl, business has been brisk. This party supply store has it all, from 49ers balloons to red and gold tableware.
"We have 49er mohawk hats that people are wearing, just anything red and gold or 49ers that's what everybody wants," Michael Hinks said.
Steve cooper filled his shopping basket with a bunch of 49ers decorations for the party he's throwing. He normally doesn't bother with Super Bowl decorations, but this year's different.
"Most Super Bowls we end up throwing a party, but this one's special because the Niners are in it and my son's a huge Niners fan," he said.
san francisco 49ers, nfl, nfl playoffs, super bowl, food, nfl, lilian kim
- Deputies monitoring PG&E substation in San Jose
- Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion
- SAP looks to hire those with autism, Asperger's
- Experts weigh in on Bay Bridge broken bolt debacle
- Wind wreaks havoc across the Bay Area
- UK official: London attack could be terror-related 14 min ago
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- Group wants parents to boycott Harvey Milk Day
- 49ers new stadium to host Super Bowl 50 in 2016
- Bay Area fire captain among team sent to Oklahoma
- 7 On Your Side: Save on summer vacation flights
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: Boy nearly run-over; Oklahoma aid
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday