SF businesses prepare for Super Bowl
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Super Bowl Sunday is six days and that means party throwers need to start thinking about planning for the big game.
At Wing Wings in Lower Haight, workers are prepared to make as many as 12,000 chicken wings on Super Bowl Sunday.
Phone orders are already coming in, a dozen in just the first half-hour of business Monday. Customers are encouraged to place their order ahead of time since many were turned away on the day of the game last year.
"We had to take the phone off the hook last year just because we couldn't keep up with all the amount of business; people had already called in earlier," Wing Wings co-owner Christian Ciscle said.
At Extreme Pizza, they expect their delivery cars to be running non-stop. At the SoMa location, the number of employees working will be more than doubled. They expect to make at least 500 pizzas on the big day.
"Traditionally it's our busiest day of the year; the Giants winning the World Series might have been the busier day, we'll see how that turns out," manager Zach Adsit said.
At SF Party, January is usually a slow month, but thanks to the 49ers making the Super Bowl, business has been brisk. This party supply store has it all, from 49ers balloons to red and gold tableware.
"We have 49er mohawk hats that people are wearing, just anything red and gold or 49ers that's what everybody wants," Michael Hinks said.
Steve cooper filled his shopping basket with a bunch of 49ers decorations for the party he's throwing. He normally doesn't bother with Super Bowl decorations, but this year's different.
"Most Super Bowls we end up throwing a party, but this one's special because the Niners are in it and my son's a huge Niners fan," he said.
san francisco 49ers, nfl, nfl playoffs, super bowl, food, nfl, lilian kim
- Recology plant fire creates heavy smoke in SF
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos