South Bay 49er faithful look ahead
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- It was a calm scene in San Jose Sunday evening. As soon as the Super Bowl wrapped up, the San Francisco 49ers' South Bay fans quietly headed home.
Fans gathered at bars like Britannia Arms to watch in disbelief as the 49ers struggled during the first half of the game and then the electric, post power outage second half as the team fell just a few points short of victory.
"It was a really great game, I mean, we did have a chance, and unfortunately we didn't accomplish the last play," fan Oscar Fuentes said.
"I have faith in them, they're going to do good next year; they're going to the Super Bowl," fan Irene Tsai/ said.
That hope for a better season next year is why they're called the 49er faithful.
san francisco 49ers, super bowl, colin kaepernick, jim harbaugh, san jose, nfl
- Target apologizes after massive data breach
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- CPUC considering fine against PG&E for faulty pipeline
- BART board approves contract with AFSCME
- Bus with 8 kids involved in crash in Livermore
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Honda tops insurance industry safety list
- DEA wages war on synthetic drugs sold on Internet
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam 24 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos