Bricks for new 49ers stadium to go on sale March 1
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (KGO) -- For a couple of hundred bucks you could add your name or message to the new 49ers stadium by purchasing a commemorative brick.
Our media partner, the San Jose Mercury News, reports that the bricks will go on sale on March 1.
Depending on the size or length of the message on the brick they will sell for $175, $325, or $375 apiece.
The yearlong sales campaign is expected to raise between $2.5 to $3 million.
The bricks will be installed in time for the stadium's 2014 opening.
It will also come with a replica you can keep.
san francisco 49ers, santa clara, nfl
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- Consumer Reports tests toothbrushes
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident 52 min ago
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies 55 min ago
- Two injured in accident on Almaden Expressway
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Mi Pueblo grocery stores submit bankruptcy plans 44 min ago
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Hammer beating; SF "420" crackdown