Bricks for new 49ers stadium to go on sale March 1
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (KGO) -- For a couple of hundred bucks you could add your name or message to the new 49ers stadium by purchasing a commemorative brick.
Our media partner, the San Jose Mercury News, reports that the bricks will go on sale on March 1.
Depending on the size or length of the message on the brick they will sell for $175, $325, or $375 apiece.
The yearlong sales campaign is expected to raise between $2.5 to $3 million.
The bricks will be installed in time for the stadium's 2014 opening.
It will also come with a replica you can keep.
san francisco 49ers, santa clara, nfl
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington's Skagit River 13 min ago
- Bicyclist killed in accident with garbage truck in SF
- New details released in police officers' murders
- Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup
- Obama sees narrower terror threat, defends drones
- Report: Most California beaches had clean water in 2012
- Gov. Brown keeps pressing climate change crusade
- TIME publishes Obama prom photo, yearbook message
- Caltrans shows fix for broken Bay Bridge bolts
- 'Healthbeat' aims to bring medicine, computers together
- Oakland's real estate market heats up 47 min ago
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets free McDonald's food 40 min ago
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak
- roundup: BART bike vote; Gov. climate change 54 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos