Report: Kaepernick turns down invitations to Oscars
ATLANTA (KGO) -- San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick is shying away from the spotlight just weeks after his first Super Bowl appearance.
The Sacramento Bee reports Kaepernick received invitations to both the Grammys and the Oscars, but turned them down. He's also apparently been offered a book deal. Instead though, Kaepernick is training in Atlanta. His workouts usually start at 8 a.m. and last until the late afternoon. Kaepernick's father says his son is in Atlanta because he would never get anything done if he stayed closer to home.
Kaepernick is a native of Turlock.
colin kaepernick, san francisco 49ers, nfl
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing 54 min ago
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Warriors give Oakland High School students 3D printer 52 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
54 min ago