Report: Kaepernick turns down invitations to Oscars
ATLANTA (KGO) -- San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick is shying away from the spotlight just weeks after his first Super Bowl appearance.
The Sacramento Bee reports Kaepernick received invitations to both the Grammys and the Oscars, but turned them down. He's also apparently been offered a book deal. Instead though, Kaepernick is training in Atlanta. His workouts usually start at 8 a.m. and last until the late afternoon. Kaepernick's father says his son is in Atlanta because he would never get anything done if he stayed closer to home.
Kaepernick is a native of Turlock.
colin kaepernick, san francisco 49ers, nfl
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash 49 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Video: Cracked windshield forces flight to divert
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday