ESPN: 49ers to trade QB Smith to Kansas City
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A league source tells ESPN the San Francisco 49ers have agreed to trade quarterback Alex Smith to the Kansas City Chiefs.
According to the source, Kansas City will trade its second-round pick in the 2013 draft (the second selection in the round) and another conditional mid-round pick in 2014.
The trade cannot be officially completed until March 12, which is when the 2013 league year officially begins.
Smith, 28, has thrown for 14,280 yards with 81 touchdowns and 63 interceptions in 80 career games.
alex smith, colin kaepernick, san francisco 49ers, nfl
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Investigators reconstruct bus crash in California 1 min ago
- Crews retrieving body that washed onto Lands End
- Death penalty sought in killing of girl at sleepover
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Chelsea Clinton expecting first child 47 min ago
- Military shell prompted evacuation of hundreds
- Water supply flushed after teen urinates into reservoir
- Mi Pueblo grocery stores submit bankruptcy plans
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch