ESPN: 49ers to trade QB Smith to Kansas City
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A league source tells ESPN the San Francisco 49ers have agreed to trade quarterback Alex Smith to the Kansas City Chiefs.
According to the source, Kansas City will trade its second-round pick in the 2013 draft (the second selection in the round) and another conditional mid-round pick in 2014.
The trade cannot be officially completed until March 12, which is when the 2013 league year officially begins.
Smith, 28, has thrown for 14,280 yards with 81 touchdowns and 63 interceptions in 80 career games.
alex smith, colin kaepernick, san francisco 49ers, nfl
- I-5 bridge collapse caused by truck hitting span 3 min ago
- 5.7 earthquake hits Northern California
- Czech police: Palo Alto man suspected in 4 murders 26 min ago
- New details released in police officers' murders
- Magnitude 8.2 earthquake hits Russia's Far East
- New info released about robbery in Santa Rosa 53 min ago
- Bicyclist killed in accident with garbage truck in SF
- Gov. Brown keeps pressing climate change crusade
- TIME publishes Obama prom photo, yearbook message
- Caltrans shows fix for broken Bay Bridge bolts
- Oakland's real estate market heats up
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak
- roundup: BART bike vote; Gov. climate change
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday