ESPN: 49ers to trade QB Smith to Kansas City
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A league source tells ESPN the San Francisco 49ers have agreed to trade quarterback Alex Smith to the Kansas City Chiefs.
According to the source, Kansas City will trade its second-round pick in the 2013 draft (the second selection in the round) and another conditional mid-round pick in 2014.
The trade cannot be officially completed until March 12, which is when the 2013 league year officially begins.
Smith, 28, has thrown for 14,280 yards with 81 touchdowns and 63 interceptions in 80 career games.
alex smith, colin kaepernick, san francisco 49ers, nfl
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- Female pedestrian fatally struck in Concord 9 min ago
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos