Kaepernick teams up with Michelle Obama to promote PE
San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick is teaming up with first lady Michelle Obama to promote physical education in schools.
Kaepernick led the 49ers to the Super Bowl after becoming the team's starting quarterback midway into the season.
Studies show kids need an average of at least 60 minutes of physical activity each day to stay healthy, but only one in three kids are getting that. Currently, only 4 percent of elementary schools, 8 percent of middle schools and 2 percent of high schools offer daily P.E.
michelle obama, colin kaepernick, children, nfl
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child 21 min ago
- Obama hams it up for health care on Funny or Die
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday