Kaepernick teams up with Michelle Obama to promote PE
San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick is teaming up with first lady Michelle Obama to promote physical education in schools.
Kaepernick led the 49ers to the Super Bowl after becoming the team's starting quarterback midway into the season.
Studies show kids need an average of at least 60 minutes of physical activity each day to stay healthy, but only one in three kids are getting that. Currently, only 4 percent of elementary schools, 8 percent of middle schools and 2 percent of high schools offer daily P.E.
michelle obama, colin kaepernick, children, nfl
- Target apologizes after massive data breach
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- CPUC considering fine against PG&E for faulty pipeline
- BART board approves contract with AFSCME
- Bus with 8 kids involved in crash in Livermore
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Honda tops insurance industry safety list
- DEA wages war on synthetic drugs sold on Internet
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos