49ers player Chris Culliver meets with LGBT group
LOS ANGELES (KGO) -- 49ers Defensive Back Chris Culliver, who caused a stir at the Super Bowl for his anti-gay remarks is making good on his pledge to learn from his experience.
Tuesday, Culliver visited a leading national organization for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender teens in Los Angeles.
The 24-year-old met with executives of The Trevor Project and indicated he would like to volunteer with the organization in the future.
Culliver found himself in the center of a media-storm when he said a gay teammate would not be welcome in the 49ers' locker room.
san francisco 49ers, super bowl, lgbt, los angeles, nfl
- Secret Service investigating big Target data breach 33 min ago
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support 15 min ago
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Another mistake found in BART union contract
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos