49ers player Chris Culliver meets with LGBT group
LOS ANGELES (KGO) -- 49ers Defensive Back Chris Culliver, who caused a stir at the Super Bowl for his anti-gay remarks is making good on his pledge to learn from his experience.
Tuesday, Culliver visited a leading national organization for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender teens in Los Angeles.
The 24-year-old met with executives of The Trevor Project and indicated he would like to volunteer with the organization in the future.
Culliver found himself in the center of a media-storm when he said a gay teammate would not be welcome in the 49ers' locker room.
san francisco 49ers, super bowl, lgbt, los angeles, nfl
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed