49ers player Chris Culliver meets with LGBT group
LOS ANGELES (KGO) -- 49ers Defensive Back Chris Culliver, who caused a stir at the Super Bowl for his anti-gay remarks is making good on his pledge to learn from his experience.
Tuesday, Culliver visited a leading national organization for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender teens in Los Angeles.
The 24-year-old met with executives of The Trevor Project and indicated he would like to volunteer with the organization in the future.
Culliver found himself in the center of a media-storm when he said a gay teammate would not be welcome in the 49ers' locker room.
san francisco 49ers, super bowl, lgbt, los angeles, nfl
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos