San Francisco 49ers sold $403M worth of new stadium seats
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (KGO) -- There is promising news about the San Francisco 49ers' new Santa Clara stadium.
Our media partners at the San Jose Mercury News report that the team has sold three-fourths of the seats at the new stadium, totaling $403 million.
That's roughly equal to the cost spent to build the stadium so far.
The team says they're on track to sell out completely before the 2014 season, when the 49ers will begin playing in the South Bay.
san francisco 49ers, santa clara, nfl
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer shooting 22 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case