San Francisco 49ers sold $403M worth of new stadium seats
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (KGO) -- There is promising news about the San Francisco 49ers' new Santa Clara stadium.
Our media partners at the San Jose Mercury News report that the team has sold three-fourths of the seats at the new stadium, totaling $403 million.
That's roughly equal to the cost spent to build the stadium so far.
The team says they're on track to sell out completely before the 2014 season, when the 49ers will begin playing in the South Bay.
san francisco 49ers, santa clara, nfl
- BART and unions to meet today over contract
- Man leads police on wild chase around Antioch
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Consumer Reports puts AA batteries to the test 21 min ago
- Fiery big-rig crash cleared from I-80 in Pinole
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Gridlock in the Senate, progress in the House 12 min ago
- OTRC: Golden Globes 2014: Full list of nominations
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Robbery suspect shot; BART dispute
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos