San Francisco 49ers sold $403M worth of new stadium seats
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (KGO) -- There is promising news about the San Francisco 49ers' new Santa Clara stadium.
Our media partners at the San Jose Mercury News report that the team has sold three-fourths of the seats at the new stadium, totaling $403 million.
That's roughly equal to the cost spent to build the stadium so far.
The team says they're on track to sell out completely before the 2014 season, when the 49ers will begin playing in the South Bay.
san francisco 49ers, santa clara, nfl
- Fatal crash blocks lanes of I-580 in Livermore
- Antioch man arrested after wild, high-speed chase
- Consumer Reports puts AA batteries to the test
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'... 33 min ago
- UN inspectors confirm Syria chemical attack 21 min ago
- San Jose fire crews battle one-alarm house fire
- NYC college student dies during fraternity ritual
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Vallejo police ID two most recent homicide victims
- Instagram launches direct messaging feature
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: Copper wiring theft; "Shop With a Cop"
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos