Raiders trade QB Carson Palmer to Cardinals
TEMPE, Ariz. -- The Arizona Cardinals have acquired quarterback Carson Palmer from the Oakland Raiders.
The Cardinals gave up a conditional 2014 draft pick and swapped one of their sixth-round picks this year for Oakland's seventh-round selection.
Palmer, who agreed to rework his contract with the Cardinals, is expected to move into the starting quarterback role for new Arizona coach Bruce Arians.
The Raiders were at least able to get something for the quarterback rather than just release him. Oakland acquired quarterback Matt Flynn on Monday in a deal that sent two draft picks to the Seahawks.
Earlier, the Cardinals signed free agent quarterback Drew Stanton, the backup to Andrew Luck last season at Indianapolis, where Arians was interim head coach.
oakland raiders, nfl
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday