Plans underway for land near new 49ers stadium in Santa Clara
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (KGO) -- Santa Clara city leaders are considering a massive "entertainment district" across the street from the new 49ers stadium.
The Silicon Valley Business Journal reports that hotels, restaurants, retail and residential are all on the table for a 230-acre former landfill that's currently a city-owned golf course.
Next week the city council will consider an agreement with a global developer.
If the partnership moves forward the developer would have five months to analyze the site's potential uses.
san francisco 49ers, santa clara, construction, art, movies, real estate, housing market, restaurants, retail, nfl
- Man leads police on wild chase around Antioch
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts 57 min ago
- Hearing produces new details, video of Asiana crash
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- PG&E removes pipe involved in Oakland gas leak
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball Bandit"
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Mother releases video of daughter killed in Sandy Hook shooting
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Warehouse fire; Mandela memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos