Plans underway for land near new 49ers stadium in Santa Clara
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (KGO) -- Santa Clara city leaders are considering a massive "entertainment district" across the street from the new 49ers stadium.
The Silicon Valley Business Journal reports that hotels, restaurants, retail and residential are all on the table for a 230-acre former landfill that's currently a city-owned golf course.
Next week the city council will consider an agreement with a global developer.
If the partnership moves forward the developer would have five months to analyze the site's potential uses.
san francisco 49ers, santa clara, construction, art, movies, real estate, housing market, restaurants, retail, nfl
- San Jose police officer arrested for sexual assault 1 min ago
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers 43 min ago
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday