NFL owners set to vote to decide if Bay Area hosts Super Bowl
National Football League owners are expected to vote Tuesday on whether Super Bowl 50 will be played in the Bay Area or in Florida.
NFL team owners have already made up their minds that the 2016 game should be held at the 49ers new stadium in Santa Clara.
Miami officials hold little hope of winning the bid after Florida lawmakers failed to approve funding to upgrade the Dolphins' aging stadium.
Tuesday's loser faces Houston in a bid to host Super Bowl 51.
super bowl, san francisco 49ers, santa clara, nfl
- Frigid temperatures grip Bay Area, break records 31 min ago
- Cold snap could shatter 41-year-old Bay Area record
- At 50, new-look Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- Officer-involved shooting shuts down I-5
- 50 people displaced by San Leandro apartment fire
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage hikes
- Libyan officials say US teacher killed in Benghazi
- Northern California couple has rare triplets
- 3 Good Samaritans honored for Alameda water rescue
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- abcnews: Who's getting early Oscar buzz?
- roundup: Former SF supe sued; New Sebastopol mayor 7 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos