NFL owners set to vote to decide if Bay Area hosts Super Bowl
National Football League owners are expected to vote Tuesday on whether Super Bowl 50 will be played in the Bay Area or in Florida.
NFL team owners have already made up their minds that the 2016 game should be held at the 49ers new stadium in Santa Clara.
Miami officials hold little hope of winning the bid after Florida lawmakers failed to approve funding to upgrade the Dolphins' aging stadium.
Tuesday's loser faces Houston in a bid to host Super Bowl 51.
super bowl, san francisco 49ers, santa clara, nfl
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday